Over the years I started reading the suggestions on the pouch and added different veggies and maybe some canned chicken. Then I started buying spices and then eventually I ended up with something I wouldn't mind people finding out about.
Typically these start with the following brought to a boil and then you cook for 8 mins, etc.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp (or whatever glob ends up on my butter knife...)
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion flakes
- Oregano flakes
- Frozen spinach - about 1/2 cup unless I add meat later, then about 1/4 cup
- 10oz can of chicken - sometimes it's good to add the broth to the noodles before starting, but if so then I make sure to put it in the measuring cup before measuring the water, so that the total liquid is not much higher so that it's too runny.
- 5oz can of mushrooms - drain and rinse
- 5oz can of...boiled oysters? - not kidding. With all the seasonings in there these are not oystery tasting really but more mushroomey, but with different nutrients.
For some reason I reach for wheat thins when I have this. Either way, it makes a hearty meal for myself and the other half will keep for at least a couple days to reheat. Don't freeze this stuff - if you ever tried to consume thawed noodles you'll know what kind of mush you end up with.